Today is the day I know you have all been waiting for, the day I launch the coolest class you will ever take. Today is the GRAND OPENING of the Pajama Job Hunt (Twitter Series). Brand new here? Read this. Then come back and read this:
The Pajama Job Hunt is a ridiculously fun and comprehensive video training program that I created for recent grads, job seekers and freelancers. The first series is on Twitter, a tool I can’t praise enough. Twitter helps you build a strong network, land work faster than generic resumes and cover letters, (meaning you can make some serious money) and – wait for it – will mean you can stop wasting time applying for work the old-fashioned way. For those of you who don’t spend you days Google stalking me, here’s my (albeit seriously condensed) story:
- I graduated from college in May 2009 wanting to get into publishing.
- After 3 months of job searching and hearing NOTHING I decided to stop writing cover letters and wasting my day on job boards.
- Instead, I took out books on marketing and job hunting and launched a full fledged attack on the publishing industry
- I built a website with my resume, writing portfolio, references and contact info.
- Then I took out advertisements on Facebook that targeted anyone in the publishing industry who a) lived in New York and b) listed one of my target publishers on their profile.
- Within 1 week I had a freelance job at HarperCollins (one of my target houses).
- Then I got on Twitter and within a few days had 3 consecutive interviews at Penguin.
- A few days after that I was hired as a book publicist at a boutique PR firm.
Then of course I quit my job, applied to pastry school, got a job at a museum, started writing freelance, then consulted and now – FINALLY! – I’m able to launch my own business, which consists of teaching you lovely people (who have been looking for work for flippin’ ages) how to use social media to rock out and get work FAST.
Some more info on what you’ll learn:
- How to create an engaging Twitter profile that makes you irresistible to employers.
- Techniques for using hashtags, direct messaging and retweeting to create a solid network to help you find a job FAST.
- Exactly how to publicize your job search and what wording to use.
- How to tap into your industry’s Twitter presence while highlighting your own expertise.
- How to find relevant people online using sneaky search techniques most people don’t know about.
Here’s what one guy has already said about the course:
“Before I saw the series, I wasn’t sure of what to expect. Teaching is an art and not everyone is cut out for it, but Marian is a modern-day Picasso. Everything is broken right down to make it super easy to digest and even as a relative novice, I still found a lot of awesome tricks that I’d never thought of trying.
I didn’t really understand social media (even after a year on Twitter and Facebook) and really thought that I would never get how to build meaningful relationships, but now I feel comfortable rubbing elbows with the best of them. Gaining admiration is a really amazing feeling, especially when you’ve been stagnating for so long.
As for a rating, if I was an octopus I’d give it 8 thumbs up. Definitely glad I didn’t miss out on soaking up this delicious knowledge.”
~ Josh, AskGarden.com
You know you want it….
Aanndd. AND! I’m offering a discount for the next week ONLY! It’s $37 until Friday, June 18th. After that it goes up to $47 so get it discounted while you can!
Note: Next week we will return to your regular programming. Self-promotion over.